Monday, July 17, 2006

Tempeh and Wild Rice Salad




IMG_1766.JPG
Originally uploaded by plainsight.

I came up with this salad when I was working for a healthfood store in North Carolina. The store's owner had a recipe for chicken salad that she had gotten off of a container of dried apricots, and she asked me to "veganize" it. It's been a family hit ever since--it has tempeh, mayo, wild rice, dried apricots, parsley and some yummy seasoning.


I made it this year on the Fourth of July, not realizing that I had also made it last Forth of July... not sure why it came to me as an "Independence Day" dish, but perhaps it will be a tradition.

3 comments:

KleoPatra said...

I LOVE THAT PLATE!!!

The food looks great as well. I'm a big fan of both wild rice and tempeh. Great meal!

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

It's the flower plate from IKEA--It's several years old, but I think they still sell them...

KleoPatra said...

I'm so going to IKEA this week!!! :o) Wonderful!